When we are lucky enough to be able to escape on a vacation, we must make the most of said vacation. That’s easy to do when you land someplace fabulous like St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Its cousin islands, St. John and St. Croix, are also places of heavenly beauty. Put exploring the island of St. Thomas on your next vacation vision board. Below are five ways to keep it super fabulous when you get there.
1. Pack the right outfits. The weather is perfection with slight breezes and sunny, blue skies. Shorts, cute dresses, flat sandals and plenty of bikinis and cover-ups are in order. Don’t forget to pack the sunscreen and wear a hairstyle you don’t mind sweating in because it does get hot and steamy on the island.
2. Bring your appetite. If you’ve been waiting to flex your bikini body on the beach, you are now free to eat some of the delicious island food. Check out Gladys Café for a breakfast of omelet, pancakes, or even oatmeal if you want to stick with your pre-beach diet. For lunch, her menu also features delicious local fish selections, big salads, and sandwiches. For a more romantic and expensive dinner occasion, the Banana Tree Grille should be on your list – the most delicious grilled lobster ever.
3. Plan to attend at least one local event. Whether it’s a comedy show or music concert, there are a ton of exciting activities to explore in St. Thomas. Or, for the more adventurous, reserve a catamaran excursion or do some scuba diving.
4. Squeeze in some time at the spa. No vacation is complete without some time at the spa. Choose one that fits your style. If you want the full on spa day (massage, facial, etc.) check out Prana Spa. If you want to indulge in a manicure and pedicure, the Lazule Spa and Salon can’t be beat. Be sure to build in time to lounge at the private spa pool at the Lazule.
5. Shop for unique finds. The island has several shopping areas ranging from the high end Yacht Haven and its luxury stores to the Royal Dane Shopping Mall. Be sure to grab stuff at street stands in different spots around the island that you wouldn’t find back home. Local artisans’ jewelry designs will stand out as items you couldn’t leave the island without.